Thursday, March 14, 2013

Long, Hard Day

This morning we all woke up to be at the gym at 8am.  I do childcare and Rob works out from 8-9am.  I felt so bad waking up Cora.  I walked in her room, picked out her clothes, turned off her sound machine and rubbed her back to wake her up gently.  She didn't move.  She was SO sleepy.  Rob picked her up and put her in the car.

On the way to the gym we made a list of everything that was happening today.  Literally 7 things we had to do/be at today.  Lately our whole lives have felt like this but today I actually felt anxious, nervous, clammy hands, the works.  I just wasn't sure we could get it all done.


After Rob's class around 9:15 this morning we were standing around chatting at the gym when I heard Cora smack down hard, face first on the tile.  She looked right up at me and started screaming.  The second scream took as while as it was the hold your breath for 10 seconds, wait for it, type of scream.  I knew she had hit hard but she's also really dramatic.  But then came the blood.  There was lots of it.  And I don't do blood.  We drove straight to the pediatrician and I'm trying my hardest not to be sick.

They decide to see her instead of sending her to the ER and I start crying like a baby in the waiting area.  We had childcare lined up this morning because we had a showing at 10am and needed to get the house ready and have the kids out of the house.  I call my sister April in a panic and still sobbing to log into facebook for me to message the babysitter and let her know we wouldn't be there.  I didn't have her number and I have a dumb phone.

Pediatrician says he doesn't think Cora's teeth are affected but we could see a pediatric dentist if we thought we needed to.  I didn't look much but I did look enough to see blood pooling in her gums behind one of her two front teeth so a visit to the dentist should happen.


We came home.  The showing happened with all 3 kids.  I call the dentist and have to leave a message. They call me back a bit later as I'm running another errand and ask if I can come at 2pm.

Rob was helping a friend load his moving truck so I go alone with 3 kids to the dentist.  They take x-rays of her teeth and dentist comes in.  They don't see anything on the x-rays but the two front teeth are "mobile."  I have to ask if this means loose and he says yes but not bad.


There are 3 possibilities now: 1. That the teeth heal and are just fine.  2. That nerve damage occurs and they turn grey.  3. An abscess occurs and the tooth/teeth have to be pulled.  And so we wait.
One of the worst parts is that Cora can't have her paci anymore.  Every time she sucks it moves those teeth and the tissue around them and causes it to bleed again. :(

Bedtime went better than I expected it to.  I think it helped that she didn't get a nap today.  I think God was sovereign in this and am thankful that He works my schedule for good even when I think it's very bad.  Just another example of His ways being higher than ours and another opportunity to trust Him.  She cried twice.  Once we let her cry for 10 minutes then I went in and rocked her.  She was asleep in just a few minutes.  It was so sweet to get to rock my big baby to sleep.  She has gotten up once just now at 11pm.  We gave her tylenol, I sang her a song and she's back to bed with no crying.  I've prayed for months for a smooth, easy transition for Cora from the paci when the time comes.  I'm so thankful for this answered prayer so far.


I've had several big cries today about this situation today.  I'm just so sad for Cora that she's gone to bed with a paci and had it to soothe her every single day of her almost 19 months and now she doesn't.  I'm also sad that she won't have it for the transition to Texas.  I have been reminding myself that God is bigger than Cora's paci obsession and that He cares for Cora.  This is a big deal to her so it's a big deal to Him.  It's good to be reminded in the midst of hard, crazy times that we have a God who isn't far off and who loves us and cares for us.


*I was going to post a few pictures of Cora with her paci but looking through our photos it's hard to find one where she DOESN'T have her paci.  It was clipped to her always.  So I've posted a few of my favs that haven't been posted yet. Cora and her Gigi, my Grannie.  :)

11 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Reading this makes me cry. I'm sorry it was such a hard day for you, but am thankful that bedtime went better than expected. I was praying for you and for Cora and her paci situation.

It makes me smile to hear you say that it's hard to find a picture of Cora WITHOUT her paci. You're right, it's been like an extension of her. ;-) I'm glad you shared these pictures with Gigi though... they're precious.

Love you...

Anonymous said...

It's going to be end of mine day, except before finish I am reading this great article to increase my knowledge.

Also visit my web blog; dentysta.wroclaw.pl

Anonymous said...

Hi, Νеat pοst. Theге's a problem with your website in web explorer, may check this? IE still is the market leader and a big section of folks will omit your great writing due to this problem.

My blog post ... http://gatuartist.se/

Anonymous said...

Pleаse let me know іf you're looking for a article writer for your blog. You have some really good posts and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absοlutely love to write some content for youг blog in exchange for a link baсk to mine.
Please send mе аn email if interested. Кudos!


Here is my homеρage: www.gigz.us

Anonymous said...

Hi thеre, just bеcame awaгe of your blog through Google, and found that
it is really informativе. I аm gonna wаtch out fоr brussels.

I will appreсiate if yοu cοntinuе this in futurе.
A lot оf ρeoplе will be benefiteԁ from your writing.
Cheers!

My pagе ... Pressrelease9.com

Anonymous said...

Ϻy brother recommended I would possibly like this websitе.
He was once еntirely right. This poѕt
аctually made my day. Υou can not belieѵe just hoω so muсh timе I hаd spent for this
information! Thank you!

My wеbpаge; bojler kospel

Anonymous said...

Geneгally I don't read article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, quite great post.

Here is my webpage ... Chocolatehouse.pl

Anonymous said...

Greetingѕ! I've been following your website for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Houston Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the excellent job!

Look into my page - Http://Bojler.co

Anonymous said...

Hi, Νeat ρoѕt. There is an isѕue along with youг wеbsite in web
explοrer, сould chеcκ thiѕ?
IE nonetheless iѕ the mаrketplаce leaԁeг anԁ a bіg ρart of оtheг
folks will paѕs ονer your fantastiс wгiting ԁue to this ρroblеm.


Mу ωeb sіte: bojlery

Anonymous said...

Hey very nice blog!

Rеview my blog post :: Zasilacz do laptopa

Anonymous said...

Prеtty! This was an еxtremely wondeгful post.

Thanks for proѵiding this info.

Нere is my ωеbsite; okna drewniane